“Mae gen i Dipyn o Dŷ Bach Twt”
Erin Swyn Williams (Soprano)
Schubert: The Trout
CGWM String Quartet
Scott Joplin arr. William Zinn: Country Club
Elain Rhys (harp)
Pierné: Impromptu Caprice
CGWM Cello Ensemble
Tony Osborne: Down at the O.K Corral
Telynau Clwyd Harp Ensemble
arr. Gillian Green: Ymdeithgan Brian Boru
Canolfan Gerdd William Mathias (CGWM) aims to offer the highest quality musical training and experiences to as wide an audience as possible.
350+ students (5-80+ years of age) attend regular one to one lessons delivered by a team of experienced freelance music tutors at our Centre in Galeri Caernarfon and our branches in Denbighshire.
CGWM also offer opportunities for people to develop their music skills through various group activities including:
- ‘Camau Cerdd’ classes for 6 month - 7 year olds
- ‘Doniau Cudd / Hidden Talents’ – creative sessions for adults who have learning disabilities
- Youth chamber ensembles
- Daytime choir for older people
- Community Orchestra for adult learners
- Theory and composition classes
- Various concerts, masterclasses and music festivals
- Singing sessions for older people in care homes and in the community
- Canfod y Gân / Discover the Song – a project funded by Spirit of 2012 which brings people who have disabilities and non-disabled people together to take part as equals in music sessions with the aim of improving mental health and wellbeing
During lockdown CGWM has developed an online provision to ensure that people still have access to music activities and tuition.
CGWM is a member of the Arts Council of Wales’ portfolio of Revenue Funded Organisations and works in partnership with many organisations.
CGWM is grateful for the long term and one-off support it receives from various funders, trusts and foundations, individuals and the Friends of Canolfan Gerdd William Mathias.