- Ensemble performance: Seal Lullaby - Eric Whitacre
- Solo by Ruby Hendry: Montparnasse- Poulenc
- Solo by Alice Henery: Le Papillon et la fleur - Faure
- Ensemble performance: Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy - E. Lojeski, D. Rayne, H. Prince
- Solo by Charlotte Kennedy: Warum sind denn die Rosen so blaß? - Fanny Mendelssohn-Hensel
- Solo by Lucy Mullin: The Physician - Cole Porter
- Ensemble performance: Unwatch’d - Alexander Campkin
- Solo by Tesni Jones: When The Dew is Falling - Parry
- Solo by Lisa Dafydd: My Heart is like a Singing Bird - Parry
- Ensemble performance: Y Mae Afon - Daniel Protheroe
Castor Voices Biographies
Castor Voices were formed in 2018 at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester.
Formed of six Sopranos, the girls are all first study singers under various world-renowned tutors and regularly perform with organisations such as The Halle Chorus, RNCM Songsters and NYCGB.
Since their formation the group has mastered a wide range of repertoire, from Renaissance Polyphony to The Andrews Sisters, and pride themselves on their high-quality performances that really prove the beauty of the female voice.
The girls noticed the range of music available and written for male voice groups and the abundance of such ensembles in the industry, however they noticed a lack of female representation and SSA choral music and therefore decided to create an all-female ensemble, highlighting the importance of women in choral music.
Castor Voices made their concert debut at St Joseph's Home in Manchester and have since performed at a wide range of events, including the Gŵyl Gerdd Ryngwladol Gogledd Cymru (North Wales international Music Festival) fundraising concert in November 2019 at St Asaph Cathedral. The girls had also been booked for their first RNCM spotlight concert entitled ‘There’s no place like home’, bringing together music from their home counties all across the UK and combining it with music they had learnt together as a group whilst at university, however, sadly COVID-19 has brought an end to their live performance opportunities for the foreseeable future.
Castor Voices is delighted however to be able to bring you an online concert recorded in isolation from their homes all across the country that includes not only music from the group as a whole but also a solo piece chosen by each member to reflect the music they enjoy singing when they’re together and also when they’re apart.